it’s been a while and comment has been raised so i can’t just go back to filling your screen with rubbish without some explanation.
It turns out it’s been 39 days since I last blogged which is the longest time since i started all this. I don’t have a real definitive reason why, i think it was a combination of a number of things.
- In early December I had coursework for my leadership course to do, this took quite a bit of time, because like last time, and indeed this time (more due end of January) I left it to the last minute.
- I went for (and then got) the development managers job in work: during the run up to the interview I found my self in the position of having things I couldn’t say on the internet; this meant the blog became I bit divorced from my reality and my motivation to blog sort of wined.
- It was Christmas and that was hectic
- I have website issues:
- right near the end of the year you may have noticed i took the site down for a few days. this is because it was hacked. I suspect not directly, but via something else on the hosting provider which is very pap indeed!, the site is also incredibly flaky, and if we had any money we would be moving, maybe next month.
- I don’t actually like the current design for the pages, i know i changed them from the perfectly nice design we had for years and to be honest if i get some time we will be going back to that. but for now I will just have to live with it.
- I got the management job (oh I’ve said that), and to be honest I got all self conscious about the site. I thought “I’m all responsible and management like now, and well the blog’s doesn’t (well my bits any way) reflect this”. in summary I got all up myself for a little while there. I think I’m getting over that now.
- the website is flaky (oh I’ve said that too), at least once in that 39 days i got this far and the site crashed, again if we had any money we would be moving….
Anyway that’s the block out of the way, maybe i can start telling you about my new job now…..