25 Random Things Share Rules:
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1. I am blonde in my head, even though I haven’t looked blonde since I was about seven.
2. I have two degrees, one in Literature and Media Studies, and one in just Literature.
3. I wrote an entire MA dissertation on the Chalet School, and it was a darn sight more fun that Shakespeare or Dickens could ever have been.
4. I’m not sending my kids to school.
5. I have researched my family tree to the point of having 645 names in it. That’s quite a lot. I come from Wales, and Ireland, and Wirral, and Manchester, and Shropshire.
6. The most interesting story I found in the tree was of the man who married one sister, then ran off with the ten-years-younger sister, lived over the brush with her for 30 years, had a stack of kids, and finally married her when first sister died.
7. I didn’t intend to quit work when I had Daisy, but I’ve got no intention of going back, now.
8. My youngest, Henry, has never been in his pram, having travelled everywhere in a sling until he could walk, and even now when he gets tired. He’s 19 months old, now, and it’s looking increasingly unlikely that he ever will. I did toy with putting him in the seat of the shopping trolley, yesterday, but didn’t do it.
9. I couldn’t quite bring myself to get rid of the pram. Might celebrate his second birthday by throwing it out.
10. I make slings for friends, especially pregnant friends, but I could never sell them, because my sewing really isn’t of marketable quality!
11. I think 25 things is a lot.
12. I went to two primary schools, two secondary schools and one sixth form college.
13. I’ve only ever worked for two people – St Rhadagund’s Christian Holiday Centre, and Liverpool John Moores University.
14. I’m better at attention to detail than big projects.
15. I still don’t know if I’ve finished having children.
16. I’m not ready to have another one yet.
17. I’m still breastfeeding H.
18. I play the viola, but not often enough to be any good.
19. It’s so long since I’ve played from music, I think I may have forgotten how.
20. People think playing by ear is clever, and/or hard. Believe me, if it was hard, I’d be too lazy to do it.
21. I sometimes think that someone who studied literature to the relatively high level that I have ought to read more. I hardly ever read novels, don’t buy a newspaper, and search the internet for intellectual stimulation, with varying degrees of success.
22. I wasn’t fat when I was a kid.
23. I don’t eat enough fruit.
24. I don’t eat enough vegetables, either, but I do like vegetables. Sadly, the rest of my family don’t, really. They all eat fruit by the hundredweight, while I just sit here getting scurvy.
25. I am married to the best husband on the planet, which is hard luck on the rest of you.